Skip to main content

Count Them

Helllloooooooo,

It's been two weeks!
I know!
My exams are over.....Woohooooooo.....Nooooo...
This is just the beginning of what's yet to come....

Anyway....I'm sorry for not posting an update.... I will get it together and plan it!

I've finished a phase in my life. I'm a graduate now. I have a bachelor's degree in my hand. (well, mentally at least.....my results aren't out yet!)
I should be planning for the next thing. I should be out there doing something already.
But, I'm just blank..... Kind of static, right now.....

So, I was watching this show in Zee Kannada called "Drama Juniors" the other day, and for those of you who watch it, you know it is one helluva show. The kids are so so talented! Aarghhh... Such wonderful acting and expressions.....

In the previous episode of this show, there was one act, where the kids showed the struggle of having a physically challenged kid. It was a wonderful, heart warming act. I don't remember the exact 'syndrome' which they touched upon but the fact is that they brought out the emotions completely.
And the show also called out the students in the audience who were all part of a community.

Just that, that scene got stuck inside. It reminded me of the movie ''Taare Zameen Par'' and the tears just started flowing.....The teacher or the head of that community told that one fellow joined them when he was a baby, and now he is grown up to be a fine man. She even talked about the girl who won in the Olympics race....

It got me thinking..... Here I am, worrying about useless things, when I have so much to be thankful for! I have two eyes, nose and ears and my sense organs work fine! I have two legs and I can walk. I have both hands and I can do anything I want! I have a roof above my head! I have my family!! I have been blessed with the luxury of three meals (more than three, duh, come on!) and a warm bed and pillow. I have brains which work fine! More than fine!!
I have a mobile phone! I have internet! I have a hard disk! I have a pendrive! I have books!!! I have book shelves!!  (I'm not bragging!! But if I think of it this way, then I really really want to slap myself!)
Because! I have so much I should be thankful for! I have everything I need to plan out my future and here I am procrastinating and just sitting simply!! And after seeing those kids on the show, I realized how much stupid I've become!!



I mean, come on! seeing them working so hard, even the participants and the physically challenged kids, shouldn't we all feel ashamed? They are kids!!! They should be out there playing and getting their clothes dirty by rolling around in the mud!
The other kids....They should have a degree in their hand, with jobs and a salary!

They are all working so hard, and here you and me are... worried about something so worthless, it is actually stupid. We get angry at the littlest things and always thrive in negativity and procrastinate thinking that something will happen if we stay the way we are.... But nothing will happen, unless we ourselves want to change it.
Let me ask you, at this stage of your life, what have you achieved that you are satisfied about? What have you done that has genuinely made you happy? really really happy! What have you done, so that even if by accident (god forbid) something happens to you, and you're in a hospital bed, you can smile and welcome death, saying ''I've done it, take me with you....I've done what I've wanted to do"???
Isn't it frustrating?
And to top it off, we forget to look at the positive side of things. AND it helps. Positivity is the thin fabric which can bind and form an unbreakable connection. This connection will fire the neurons in our brains which will drive our creativity.
We forget to count our blessings. We forget to be thankful for being alive!

"Yes, I am alive and I am fit enough to do what I want to do. I have nothing to worry about because everything will work out in the end. But, that doesn't mean I should stay still. I should work harder and harder so that I will be closer to the result."

Now, say that out loud so that you mean it. Say it loud until you do mean it.

So that's what I wanted to say!
Start your day by smiling and counting your blessings. All the things you HAVE rather than those you don't. And live.
Start counting and you will surprise yourself.


Lots of Love,

Stay Healthy, Stay Happy.

PG.

P.S: I do not watch TV too much, especially these ridiculous soap operas, but I do love reality shows, specific ones. Yes, I am choosy. You can't sue me. :P






Popular posts from this blog

I LOST MY PHONE

Disclaimer - I am writing about Android phones. I have no idea about iPhone, except that it also has 'Find my iPhone' app in it. So what do you do when you lose your phone? If this is your first time losing it, then you better hurry. AND it will really help if you've turned on the location and internet in your phone. Trust me. It will be worth it. If you have not, then please say goodbye to your phone. I'm sorry for your loss. By sheer luck (I don't know what else to call it) if you have turned on the location and the internet, then  - 1. Borrow your friend's phone and install the app 'Find My Device' from Play Store. 2. Sign in as a guest by entering your email address. The app will locate your phone. 3. If you have just misplaced it or dropped it nearby, you can hurry and reach your device. But, if someone has stolen it (yes, there are people who still steal mobile phones. It is 2018 and apparently this has nothing to do with people&#

You are in a Trance

Hello, How are you? hehehe... Look at me, making small talk to cover up the fact that I am posting something late again! I have so many topics in my mind to post about, but it just evaporates....Maybe I should write it down somewhere so that I can remember it. Yup, lemme do that... Soo... I have a bike. A Yamaha Ray Z, which I ride to college everyday. And even when I am in a hurry I always....observe my fellow riders and drivers, because obviously I have to look out for theirs and my safety!! Also, my bike's indicator has a sound, so that...you know...the sound will help me remember I have put on the indicator and I should turn it off. Now, you know the sound of an indicator....It's loud enough to wake up someone sleeping. (lol) This incident happened a while back but it left a really deep impression on me. As always I'm rushing to college....on my bike...speeding past and over taking slow ( and sorry to say) stupid drivers/riders.... and then I hear the sound of th

Little Things

Hellooo, I am sorry for not publishing a post yesterday. It sounds like an excuse but it's not, because I was really tired and had a very irritating cold (couldn't stop sneezing like a banshee). :D But I am alright now and so here I am! Today was a good day.... As usual......but I couldn't attend first two classes because I am the coordinator for inter-class competitions and had to sit at the stage to take down names for the competitions.... It was really fun! I was able to meet other students of my college..... People I normally see but don't speak to them. There are so many different types of people! So many beautiful, confident people! Then, I was half-asleep in the classes (bwahahaha) and we had a lecture by a very distinguished Professor, on 'Chemistry for Entrepreneurship'. It was very informative. So here I am, to tell you that I realized something today. I saw a beautiful sunset when I was on the terrace... So beautiful! Even though I couldn&#