Skip to main content

And That's a Wrap!

Helloooooooo,

It has been so long. Soooo long. I know! I messed up my schedule and fell into a downward spiral of utter laziness.

BUT, this won't happen again. I know I keep saying this in my previous posts too, but not this time. Even if it is a small post, I will update it! *Fighting* (This is a Korean way of saying "Do your best", along with clenching your fists *does the action*. It doesn't mean, to literally fight. haha.)

Anyway, it's 2017! A New Year! Another blank 365 days. What will you fill it with?

I still remember my "resolution" for 2016. I couldn't keep that on New Years' Eve itself. So that was that. (please excuse me as I laugh my heart out) And also it was a momentary decision made out of stupidity.

Resolutions have become flaky. People just throw that word around and try their best to follow it.........for about a week. Then, it is back to the usual repetition of the same (boring) lifestyle.

I watch a lot of videos - Robin Sharma's mastery sessions, Ted Ex talks, motivational speeches etc. etc. So, what I've heard is that, instead of "resolutions", now, all creative, driven, hard working people set "goals" for throughout the year; one that they are bound to follow and accomplish.
They sit at the end of the year and analyse what they have accomplished the whole year, what time and money they have wasted/utilized and in what ways they have changed compared to the previous year.
They make time for this and evaluate themselves.
Then, they set goals for the new year. And they chalk down steps to be taken towards that goal.

I am currently doing that.
Last year, around late July, I came across this concept of a 'Bullet Journal'. (You have no idea how crazy I was about planners and stickers and stationary. I have literally tried printing planners and broken my head over watching planner videos. So, obviously seeing my plight, YouTube recommended a 'bullet journal' video. lol)

To make it simple for you, you can make your own bullet journal. All you need is a book and a pen. You just need to write down everything. It will be a blank book of course (DUH!), and you will fill it with calendars - monthly, yearly; and then the date and day - and all tasks you need to finish that day.

You can click here if you want to know more about the whole process.


I will definitely talk more about Bullet Journal in another post, so as I was saying, I took time to really analyse what I did the whole year in 2016 and what lessons I have learnt and whether I have become a little more aware of myself than before. (I wrote them all down in my bullet journal.)

Oh, I learnt a lot. A lot. I graduated and joined MSc. (That was the first half of 2016. All flowery and filled with laziness.)
I moved out of my lovely home for pursuing MSc.
I faced a lot of hardships in Mysuru.
I made wonderful friends and I understood the importance of my family and old friends.
I missed my old college days like hell.
I felt like running away from Mysuru! to throw away everything and come home straight.(It would have been easy because the train station is pretty close to my college. hahaha) But, even that takes courage. A whole lot at that.
I had many days where I cried myself to sleep; days where I wanted to scream until my voice broke.
I had days where I had so much fun laughing that I completely forgot what I was doing.


So, when I thought about it all, I realised I have overcome all of them.
And therefore I think I can overcome whatever is in store for me.

I had spent the past months regretting my decisions. But, a few days back my friend said, "No Turning Back." What's done is done. You can either stop whining over it and focus on your future or you can stay stagnant. The choice is yours.
No turning back. No turning back. - was what I wanted to hear. You have no idea how much these three words mean to me. They have become my mantra. They've given me closure. (Thank you so much for saying these words to me. I am forever grateful!!)


So, I hope that you all too, will take some time to sit down and think about what you really want. You can do whatever you set your mind on! It does not matter what age you are, or where you are; if you have a goal in mind, you can accomplish it. Only if you make a firm decision.

And who says planning is a waste of time. If you plan with the intention of doing it, then you will definitely follow your plan. "Plan your work and then Work your plan." HOLDS TRUE. Being organised is definitely worth it.


I hope you all had a great start to the New Year.
Please look forward to the posts in this blog. And Thank you, Thank you so much! for supporting me and reading my posts and waiting for them so patiently.
I am truly grateful.
THANK YOU.

Stay Healthy, Stay Happy.

Love,

Vivacious Inspirit.



Popular posts from this blog

I LOST MY PHONE

Disclaimer - I am writing about Android phones. I have no idea about iPhone, except that it also has 'Find my iPhone' app in it. So what do you do when you lose your phone? If this is your first time losing it, then you better hurry. AND it will really help if you've turned on the location and internet in your phone. Trust me. It will be worth it. If you have not, then please say goodbye to your phone. I'm sorry for your loss. By sheer luck (I don't know what else to call it) if you have turned on the location and the internet, then  - 1. Borrow your friend's phone and install the app 'Find My Device' from Play Store. 2. Sign in as a guest by entering your email address. The app will locate your phone. 3. If you have just misplaced it or dropped it nearby, you can hurry and reach your device. But, if someone has stolen it (yes, there are people who still steal mobile phones. It is 2018 and apparently this has nothing to do with people&#

Music: My Soul

Helllooooooooooo, It's been two weeks. I know. I know. I was getting settled in Mysuru. A lame excuse but I have still not worked on everything regarding the internet connection and all that headache. So, I apologize for the late post. I never knew how much I missed Bengaluru. My city. Guess it's true that sometimes, you realize your love only when you are far apart. I missed the traffic (can you believe it?!, I can't either), the people, the vibe, the energy of my wonderful city... Okay, okay putting that aside, in this post I wanted to talk about something that has been bothering me since forever. And in Mysuru, I attended a concert and I got the perfect topic to blog about. MUSIC. Apart from my studies, this was the one thing I was good at. My parents sent me to learn music - Carnatic Classical music - from a small age. I was not allowed to go to sports or dance or any events because it would get in the way of my studies, but this, this I was pushed to it. N

2018 IN REVIEW

Helloooo, New Year, New Day, Same old me. lol It's been one month already. Guess some things never change. 😂😂 (Nah. Not gonna say that.) So, I hope you all have been having a wonderful start to the new year. I did have an amazing start. Got to spend some time with my brother at California and then it snowed in Boston! Classes started! And it's already February. I'm sorry, what!? *looks around* Arey! Somebody break this stupid time! so that it'll go slow!! Dragging myself back to the point, it's time for a review of 2018. You see, I tried writing it down but that never happened. Some things just flow when you're on a blogging page. (says this dumbass) Twenty Eighteen. The year of so many events. It taught me many things, even till the end of December 31st. The year of learning. Of utter bitterness and overwhelming feelings. The year of changes. It was totally opposite than 'consistency' which was my word of the year. But it's okay. I