Skip to main content

I LOST MY PHONE



Disclaimer - I am writing about Android phones. I have no idea about iPhone, except that it also has 'Find my iPhone' app in it.

So what do you do when you lose your phone?

If this is your first time losing it, then you better hurry.

AND it will really help if you've turned on the location and internet in your phone. Trust me. It will be worth it.
If you have not, then please say goodbye to your phone. I'm sorry for your loss.

By sheer luck (I don't know what else to call it) if you have turned on the location and the internet, then  -

1. Borrow your friend's phone and install the app 'Find My Device' from Play Store.

2. Sign in as a guest by entering your email address. The app will locate your phone.

3. If you have just misplaced it or dropped it nearby, you can hurry and reach your device. But, if someone has stolen it (yes, there are people who still steal mobile phones. It is 2018 and apparently this has nothing to do with people's attitudes) you can clearly track their movement.

4. Get on a vehicle if possible, (I mean available? and if the thief is moving) and take a strong person with you; your brother or father or fighter friend (#nosexism). And then catch that bastard of a thief and beat the thrash out of him and get your phone back.

5. If you can't catch the thief, on your own, then please give up and say goodbye to your phone. But the ordeal is still not yet over.

6. Apparently you have to file a complaint online via a website, a citizen centric portal (And this website is specifically for Karnataka, so if you are from a different state, please find the appropriate website). The complaint is so that if someone uses your phone for malpractice (supari, murder or booty call maybe) the blame is not placed on you, the owner.
AND please file the complaint using Mozilla Firefox browser. It works only in this browser and NOT Chrome.

You should create an account first for which you will need your Aadhar card number. And after you login, you can click on file a complaint for mobile loss.
You need to have your IMEI numbers ready. It will be present in the phone box. Remember the box in which your precious phone came? Yup, that box is pretty important. If your mom threw it out thinking it as trash, then I don't know. God help you. But, if you have kept the starter guide and all the 'how to use your phone' pamphlets, it will be present on them.
There are two numbers - one for your phone model and one for your battery. Two IMEI numbers.

Oh please. Don't even get your hopes up thinking they'll do something about it. LOL. They'll register your complaint today and close it the next day. You really think the police have time for this? Come on! They are pretty busy loading off on cash from politicians. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean solving complex cases. They don't have time for minor things as theft. Pfft.

7. You should call your sim operator/s and block your phone number/s (Dual SIM cases) so that the bloody thief doesn't use them.
And if you still want the same numbers, then you should take a printout of the complaint filed and take it to your operator so that they can unblock your number/s.

8. After all this, you can probably hold a small ceremony for your phone and cry your eyes out. JK. I am sorry for your loss.

Just bury the thing with all your feelings. And keep on cursing the bastard who took your phone. Oh wait, that doesn't help. Curse the bastard now and then, when you remember your old phone.





Popular posts from this blog

The Law of Nature

Charles Darwin discovered about Evolution in the 1800's. Evolution is  change itself. If you take the time to observe everything around you, you can see the changes with your own eyes. People change. Everyday. We learn something, every day. We subconsciously cultivate habits and little things from our surroundings (which is why it is said that your environment influences you or, show me your friends and I’ll tell you what you are.) Let me take my own example: I am definitely not the person I was some...5 years back. I have definitely changed! And truthfully speaking, I am glad! I have learnt so much and experienced so many things that has brought me this far. I can compare my younger self to my current self and think ‘wow, who is that dingus? Was that how I was then? Thank god for evolution’ (lol) and maybe, in the future, I may compare my current self and think that the current me is a dingus too… But that will be because I would’ve learnt even more and my experi

Expectations

Hellooo, We did blood typing in our college today! It's where you find out which blood type you are. If I had waited till  now, I could've saved 500 bucks, since I paid that much to find out my blood group.... Or was it 50??? I don't remember.... Anyway, it is like I got it double checked! :D Because some of my classmates did not get the blood group which they had got in their report....So yayyy... So.... I was thinking about how we expect certain things. You know, as people, we think something will happen this way or this person will behave this way and all that... But, almost all the time none of them are right... And when this happens to me, it's very frustrating! Everybody has expectations. I think it is human nature to expect something. It is built-in. I have no idea whether other animals have this (lol), but I think we all do, don't we? And this expecting, is what we should try to control. Yes, it hurts when your parents don't bring your favorite